Many plastic surgery procedures target one area of the body, such as a breast augmentation or a tummy tuck. For many patients, correcting that one “problem area” is enough to improve their self-confidence. But for people who have lost a significant amount of weight, or who have sagging and excess skin in multiple areas due to age, heredity, or pregnancy, this may not be enough.
In these cases, body lift surgery may be considered. This procedure typically targets the abdomen, thighs, and buttocks, helping to slim, reshape, and tighten all these areas for an improved figure.
If you’re thinking about a body lift, there are many factors to consider. How do you know if it’s right for you? Here are a few facts that may help you in your decision-making process:
- Recognize that it’s major surgery — with dramatic results. You’ll need to make sure you’re ready for the procedure itself. With a body lift, you’ll have multiple incisions and will need to take good care of yourself during recovery. But many body lift patients will tell you that the results are worth the effort. The improvement in your figure is typically very noticeable and exciting.
- You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon. Check out the websites of surgeons in your area who have experience with body lift procedures. With any plastic surgery, including a body lift, make sure you use a skilled professional who has the credentials and qualifications to do it right.
- You deserve it. Many people work hard to lose weight, or get back in shape after pregnancy, but their hard work isn’t visible under the excess or sagging skin. Getting a body lift is a great way to reward yourself for your hard work.
- It could keep you motivated to make healthy choices. One study has shown that people who have body contouring procedures like a body lift tend to be more motivated to keep up a healthy lifestyle.
- It may be combined with other procedures, like liposuction. Depending on your needs and goals, your plastic surgeon can discuss the possibility of performing liposuction during your body lift. Areas of excess fat can be removed while your skin is being lifted and tightened, giving you the best possible results. These procedures would be discussed with you during your consultation to give you time to think about it and make a decision.
Having body lift surgery is a big decision that could have remarkable benefits for your appearance and self-confidence. You’ll need time to think about the benefits and risks of the surgery before you decide to move forward.
To learn more about body lift surgery, request a consultation with Monarch Plastic Surgery, or call us today at (913) 663-3838 for our Lansing, Leawood, and Lee’s Summit offices, or (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location.