As you age, so does your face and skin. But what can you do about it? Over the years, doctors and skin care experts have found a number of treatments and procedures to help you look your age -- or younger.
According to Yahoo! Health, you have key giveaways that reveal your age. In fact, there are telltale signs of aging you may be missing when you look in the mirror. Take a look at the following problem areas and the cosmetic treatments to help you look younger:
As the biggest organ of your body, your skin is a common culprit for tattling your age. You can have two major problems with your skin:
- Sun damage, including redness and sun spots
- Chemical peels remove the damaged outer layer of the skin, revealing a smooth skin texture, using a chemical solution that is effective for facial blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation.
- Broad band light (BBL) photorejuvenation helps treat broken capillaries, age spots, sun damage, birthmarks, small veins, rosacea, and sun-induced freckles with a broad spectrum of therapeutic light into the skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing works to give you radiant, younger-looking skin by producing new cells that give you a tighter skin surface after removing the top skin layer.
- Large pores, a dull appearance, and rough texture
- Microdermabrasion buffs away the surface layer of your skin using tiny, rough grains to improve a dull complexion, uneven skin texture, and dark spots.
The windows to your soul reveal a lot about your age, especially when you’re tired. Two big problems you can have with your eyes are:
- Folds of skin drooping at the corners
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) removes the excess skin, muscle, and fat around your eyes, improving your vision and giving you a more youthful appearance without the droopy eyelids.
- Dark circles that become more apparent as the skin thins
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) facial fillers restore volume to your tear trough to help diminish the appearance of dark circles under your eyes.
Gravity always takes a toll on our bodies -- and also our cheeks. Keep an eye out for this aged look:
- Drooping cheeks, creating folds around the mouth (jowls)
As one of the first places that shows your age, your neck should look as good as your face. And you may need a little treatment beyond the skincare routine your mother taught you:
- Wrinkles, folds, sagging skin, and excess fat tissue
- Kybella™ (deoxycholic acid) injections are the latest non-surgical procedure, which destroys fat cells and tightens up the skin to help reduce neck fat and the dreaded “double chin.”
Over time, even your lips can express more than you’re willing to say about your age. One problem includes:
- Thinning of your lips
- Fillers enhance your lips, plumping youth into them by adding volume and shape.
You’ve heard the saying about your nose continuing to grow once you’ve hit your full height -- and it’s true. As you age, you can experience problems with your nose that make you look older:
- Wider nose and a drooping tip
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery) reshapes and resizes your nose back to its original size — or smaller — to help with the harmony of your nose and face.
Look the age you feel with the help of cosmetic surgery with Monarch Plastic Surgery. Our experienced plastic surgeons, nurse injectors, and skincare aestheticians are dedicated to helping you find the perfect combination of treatments to look your age -- or younger! Request a consultation today to learn how we can help you look your best!