The following is an excerpt from our new e-book, How to prepare for plastic surgery.
Your big day
In your pre-surgical consultation with your surgeon, he or she provided you with thorough instructions on how to prepare for your surgery. These instructions will vary for each patient, depending on the type of surgery you are having and your individual needs.
Typically, you will be asked to do the following things for optimal safety:
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the night before your surgery — including water, mints, or chewing gum. You may brush your teeth, being careful not to swallow any water or toothpaste.
- Do not wear jewelry, makeup, barrettes, hair pins, nail polish, lotions, skin creams, or deodorant.
- Do not wear contact lenses. You may need to bring sunglasses and a sun hat to shield your face from the sun when you go home.
- Wear soft, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily slipped on after your surgery.
- Have your pre-chosen family member or friend accompany you to the procedure, and drive you home afterward.
Make sure you understand all of your pre-surgical instructions, and call your surgeon’s office if you have any questions. You will want to be completely prepared and relaxed when you arrive for your procedure.
You are ready!
Preparing yourself, your family, and your home for your upcoming surgery will pay off tremendously in the days and weeks after you have your procedure. You’ll find that it’s easier to rest and relax if you plan ahead, and this in turn helps your body bounce back quickly. You’ll be able to take this time to focus on the beautiful results of your surgery and achieving the best outcome for your body, rather than worrying about work or other tasks.
The decision to have cosmetic surgery is a big one, and taking the time to prepare is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. The body truly does need rest to heal properly, and proper recovery means more than just lying in bed. Proper recovery means doing everything possible to eliminate stress and worry, and refueling with nutritious, wholesome food. With the steps outlined in this book, you can make all these things happen. Soon, you’ll be back to your daily activities, enjoying a newfound sense of self-confidence — and turning heads with your gorgeous new look. Enjoy it!
Preparing for your surgery can help you feel at ease before, during, and after your procedure. Learn more about how you can prepare by downloading your free copy from our e-book library.
Ready to improve your appearance and get the body you’ve always wanted? Monarch Plastic Surgery offers a multitude of cosmetic surgical procedures including breast augmentation, tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, the Monarch mini facelift, and skin rejuvenation procedures. Request a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons today!