It’s one thing to work on your daily skincare regimen for that everyday healthy look, but when it comes to your big day, (or a loved one’s big day) you want to glow! Weddings involve a lot of work and planning — months in advance — and skincare is no exception!
- Consult with a reputable skin-care professional: Find the best skincare aestheticians in your area at a spa or clinic that offers a wide range of services to give your skin the added boost it needs for the big day. Schedule a consultation to discuss treatment options, potential side effects, and results you can expect.
- Determine the budget: Budgeting is big when planning a wedding, so you should consider how much you can spend on your skin care, too. If you can’t afford it, talk with your maid of honor about possibly planning a shower around the idea of skin care to gift you the services and/or products you need for the special day. Don’t leave out your skin care aesthetician, who can help you make a smaller budget work.
- Patch test your skin: Do a patch test at least three weeks in advance to determine any potential allergic reactions that could crop up. Use your inner wrist or lower part of your face as the location to rub a small amount of product and wait 24 hours. Avoid using the product if you experience any redness or irritation.
- Follow your skin-care professional’s plan: Be diligent in listening and adhering to the full treatment plan from your skin-care professional. You may miss out on some glowing benefits if you skip a particular suggested procedure or recommended product.
- Stick to what works: Once you’ve reached the three-week point before the wedding day, don’t introduce anything new to your skin. Negative reactions could occur and you want to avoid them at all costs by continuing the regimen your skin is used to by now. You can’t predict what your skin will do on a last-minute spa day before the wedding so it’s best to schedule the mani/pedi day instead.
- If you have breakouts — exfoliate, cleanse, and hydrate: Removing dry, dull skin cells can lessen clogged pores and blemishes. Wash your face every day with a cleanser or use a serum with salicylic acid and tea tree ingredients to eliminate bacteria in your skin. Drink water and try an oil-free lotion to add hydration for a healthy, natural glow.
- Use a skin brightener: If you have discoloration and/or brown spots on your skin, you’ll want to combine exfoliation with a skin brightener and daily use of sunscreen. Your pigmented cells will slowly begin to break down and fade over time so starting early would be most beneficial.
- Cater to your sensitive skin: If you have redness and/or rosacea, you’ll want to try skincare products with soothing ingredients like azulene, chamomile, and sea whip. Ask your skin-care professional for advice on what facials or treatments would most cater to your sensitive skin and minimize the redness.
Get the glowing skin you want for any important occasion with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center. Request a free consultation with our skincare aestheticians or call us today at (913) 317-9386 for our Leawood office or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location. We’re ready to answer your skincare questions and provide you with a customized treatment plan for the wedding day.