Big events like weddings, birthdays, and even work parties tend to bring out the worst in our skin, like pimples and other breakout nightmares. It’s always a bummer to deal with any of these skin mishaps, but knowing a few tricks to help alleviate the redness or raised skin can help you feel much more confident.
Learn these skin care secrets and make your friends and family all jealous of your gorgeous, glowing skin this summer.
- Get rid of pimples — Bring out under-the-skin pimples with warm compresses and tea bags, pop them, and gently press a warm water-soaked tea bag on the area for as long as you can.
- Soothe sunburns — Rub plain yogurt on your skin for 10 minutes and add some aloe vera, but don’t forget your sunscreen every time you venture outside!
- Get rid of oily skin — If you’re without a blotting sheet and see the extra shiny sheen on your face, try using a toilet seat cover (a new one, of course) or rub a piece of ice on your face.
- Banish blackheads — Cut a lemon in half, sprinkle sugar on the insides, and apply it directly to your face each night to get rid of those dark spots.
- Reduce facial redness and swelling — Mix together one-fourth teaspoon salt and one cup warm water, soak a cotton ball or gauze pad in it, and dab over red spots.
- Prevent cold sores — Change your toothbrush after you feel a cold sore form and after it clears up, drink lemon balm tea, and avoid the sun.
- Balance out your skin — Mix equal parts apple cider vinegar and water for a DIY toner you can spritz on your face to balance your skin.
- Rehydrate your face — Rub a watermelon rind all over your skin to cool off from the summer heat and hydrate your skin.
- Fight wrinkles — Mash one banana with a teaspoon of orange juice and a teaspoon of plain yogurt, and put the mixture on your skin for 20 minutes to hydrate, treat dark spots, and fight signs of aging.
- Revive chapped lips — Rub some honey over your lips for instant hydration.
- Get rid of skin blemishes — Use a little lemon juice every day to lighten any skin blemishes.
- Remove eyeliner residue — Use a Q-tip and gentle cleanser to wipe off any leftover eyeliner to keep your sensitive eyelids clean.
- Wipe out whiteheads — Rub the pulp of a tomato over the area of a forming whitehead and leave it on for five minutes before washing the area clean.
- Minimize stretch marks — Try beating some egg whites and apply them for 15 to 20 minutes on stretch marks before washing off with water.
- Moisturize dry feet — Rub coconut oil all over your feet before slipping on socks and wear overnight.
- Soften calluses — Soak your feet in a blend of two tablespoons baking soda, warm water, and lavender oil; then exfoliate with three parts baking soda, one part water, and one part brown sugar.
- Prevent blisters — Blisters make wearing those new shoes a painful endeavor, so try rubbing deodorant on your soles before slipping them on to prevent blisters from forming.
- Prevent foot odor — Rub lemons on your feet or soak your feet in mouthwash for 10 minutes, then exfoliate to get rid of dead skin.
- Protect your skin from hair dye — Rub Vaseline along your hairline to prevent any dye from staining your skin.
- Heal a cut or burn — Crack an egg, whip up the egg white, and apply it directly to a burn or cut to prevent a scar from forming.
- Stop the eczema itchiness — Mix oatmeal and water to make a paste and apply it to any itchy spots for instant relief!
Learn more about these 21 tips from POPSUGAR.
Are you interested in improving the appearance of your skin? Request a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center, or call us today at (913) 663-3838 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about how to achieve your best skin at any age.