You’ve got a busy life, with work, family, friends, and other obligations. Often, it’s hard to find time to take good care of your skin when you are racing to get things done each day. But, spending just a few minutes to pamper your skin twice a day can pay off in the long run, resulting in skin that looks younger and more radiant.
If you’ve been neglecting your skin, it’s time to make over your routine and bust these bad habits ASAP:
- Not washing off your makeup at night — Leaving makeup on while you sleep is a disaster waiting to happen. It can stretch your pores, leaving them larger and more visible, and can lead to eye irritation, acne breakouts, and premature aging. Your skin renews itself at night while you sleep, so give it a chance to do its best work by removing the day’s debris and pollutants and applying a quality night-time product as recommended by a skincare professional.
- Using harsh scrubs — Many drugstore exfoliating scrubs contain jagged, rough pieces that can actually scratch and damage your skin. There’s no need to treat your face like the bottom of your feet. If you wish to exfoliate, try chemical-based options like alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), or gentle scrubs with rounded beads instead.
- Using the same products for years — So, you have an old favorite skincare product. But what worked in your 20s may not be the best choice in your 30s, and so on. As your skin matures, it needs more care and pampering to look its youngest. Consider talking to a skincare expert to find out which ingredients and products you could benefit from the most. Using quality products with proven benefits will pay off for years to come.
- Over-cleansing with harsh products — Many cleansers in stores today promise to rid your face of dirt, oil, and everything under the sun. But how dirty is your face? You probably need to remove only makeup and excess oil, prepping it for your treatment products. This can be accomplished with a fairly gentle cleanser. If your skin feels dry when you wake in the morning, consider a moisturizing cleanser or just using water.
- Not taking care of the inside out — Smoking, not getting enough sleep, and a poor diet all negatively impact the appearance of your skin. If you want to look your youngest and most radiant for years to come, take a whole-body approach to skincare and take care of your health. Stop smoking (get free help with quitting), commit to getting seven to eight hours of sleep each night, and eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables with plenty of water.
Are you interested in improving the appearance of your skin? Request a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center, or call us today at (913) 663-3838 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about how to achieve your best skin at any age.