Acne is a relentless skin condition that seems to know no boundaries of age or gender. Although it is commonly dismissed as a “teenage problem,” adults of any age and even children may get acne breakouts. Sometimes the condition lasts for years, causing frustration and embarrassment.
If you’ve been struggling with acne breakouts, and your over-the-counter products aren’t fixing the problem, it’s time to see a skincare professional. He or she can recommend specific treatments to get your skin clear and glowing.
Killing acne with light
Many highly effective and safe treatments may be performed by an aesthetician who is trained in treating acne, no matter its severity. For people with mild to moderate inflamed acne, a state-of-the-art treatment known as LED therapy has been shown to be safe and effective in reducing breakouts and enhancing the appearance of your skin. If you’re considering this treatment, here’s what you need to know:
- LED therapy is meant to complement your skin care routine. You can continue to use the skin care products you like even while you’re getting LED treatment. It can give you that extra boost of clearing, without side effects like dryness and peeling that you may experience with some harsh products you may find at the store.
- The LED light targets and kills P. acnes bacteria deep in the pore. This bacteria causes acne pimples to develop, so eliminating it is key to acne treatment. It’s a great option for those who can’t use topical anti-bacterial products, but who need something to eliminate the bacteria causing breakouts.
- The treatment is pain-free and requires no recovery time. This is a safe, effective method that has minimal risk and a strong safety record.
- The benefits of the LED light may go beyond acne reduction. Patients who receive the LED treatments typically experience a noticeable reduction in the number of pimples and breakouts. But LED therapy also fights inflammation in the skin, which can reduce the look of redness. And, it boosts collagen production, making your skin look plumper.
- Have it done by a professional. A qualified aesthetician has the ability to help you get your skin clearer, faster. They will know the best way to use LED therapy for your specific skin type, ensuring you get the best possible results from the treatment. Other procedures and treatments may be performed in conjunction with LED for further improvement, and you can discuss those with your aesthetician. With the guidance of a skin care expert, you can get your skin clear and beautiful without the guesswork.
Are you interested in improving the appearance of your skin? Request a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center, or call us today at (913) 317-9386 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about how to achieve beautiful skin.