Finding the right bra size can sometimes be difficult. In fact, nearly 90 percent of women wear the wrong-sized bra. You most likely want a bra that feels comfortable, and that flatters your figure, but you may encounter difficulty with finding the right one. Women generally know about the type of bras they like, but you may be surprised to find you may not know everything about your bra.
Here are six surprising facts about your bra:
- Your size can fluctuate over time. Women tend to change bra size when gaining or losing weight.
- You have different-sized breasts. One of your breasts may be slightly larger than the other.
- You may be washing your bras incorrectly. Hand-wash and line-dry your bras, and try taking your bra in the shower and using gentle body wash.
- The width of the band is important. If your straps are digging into your skin, your band may be too large.
- Bras will come and go. Don’t get too attached to your bras, because most will only last up to 1.5 years.
- Men have been behind major bra breakthroughs. A husband-and-wife team created separate cup sizes (1920s), and Frederick Mellinger was behind the invention of the padded bra (1947).
Learn more about your bra, and about what you should consider when purchasing a new bra in this article from GreenvilleOnline.
Are you interested in having one or more cosmetic treatments to improve your confidence and physical appearance? Request a consultation with Monarch Plastic Surgery, or call us today at (913) 663-3838 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about your options for cosmetic surgery.