With summer comes heat, which often means oily skin. Your skin produces more oil in the summer, and dealing with it can be frustrating. To minimize the sheen of shiny skin, you need to tweak your skin care routine from winter to adjust for the changes in temperature and your activities.
Get rid of the oil and follow these six tips to keep your skin healthy:
- Blot the oil away. Use oil-blotting papers or tissue throughout the day on your T-zone and add a little powder afterwards.
- Minimize liquid foundation. Use liquid foundation only in the areas of your skin that are not oily.
- Cleanse more frequently. Oily skin should be able to tolerate cleansing up to three times a day using a gentle cleanser.
- Lighten up moisturizer. Lighten up and switch to an oil-free lotion, avoiding moisturizers containing mineral oil and petrolatum.
- Ignore the T-zone. When applying serum, avoid the T-zone to avoid adding to the excessive oil already present.
- Begin using salicylic acid serum. Keep your skin more balanced and less oily with a serum that is well-formulated and removes surface dry skin cells.
Learn more about these tips from Refinery29.
Are you interested in improving the appearance of your skin? Request a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center, or call us today at (913) 317-9386 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about how to achieve beautiful skin.