Summertime means shorts, skirts, dresses, swimsuits, and smooth, shaved legs. However great it feels to run your hand down your hairless legs, the upkeep can be tiresome as prickly hair begins to show up only hours after you shaved. Why must it grow back so fast?! Fear not, you can keep the maintenance to a minimum with a few of the helpful tips below.
Keep your legs smoother for longer by doing these sexy-leg tricks:
- Exfoliate — bring your hair completely out of the follicle before you grab the razor to get silkier skin and a closer shave.
- Brush — use shaving gel and a brush with rough-looking bristles to help you get a super-close shave by rubbing in the shaving cream into your skin.
- Pick — purchase a razor that is best for your skin type and keeps your legs moisturized and smooth.
- Go against — make sure your hair is well hydrated and use your razor against the grain of your leg hairs for a smooth, close shave.
- Try an old-school remedy — apply a mixture of lemon, sugar and honey to your legs to reduce fuzz, or apply besan with turmeric and water to your face to remove excess hair.
- Try soy — rub in a lotion that includes soy, which could help stunt growth and shrink the diameter of the hair shaft.
- Switch — cut back on refined carbs and try eating more meat and fish or bananas, cabbage, broccoli, watermelon, and carrots, which contain vitamin B6.
- Sugar — lessen hair growth with an alternative to shaving gel — sugaring — try a mixture of sugar, lemon and water.
- Laser hair reduction — reduce the hair on your legs altogether with laser hair reduction from an experienced Skin Rejuvenation Center. Read more about these tips from Elle Magazine and let us know if your legs feel smoother for longer after you try them.
Are you interested in improving the appearance of the skin on your legs or possibly having laser hair reduction? Request a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center, or call us today at (913) 663-3838 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about how to achieve your best skin at any age.