When you’re speaking with your cosmetic surgeon or aesthetician, it can be easy to get caught up in telling white lies to avoid feeling guilty about your skin care habits. But it’s time you were honest about your skin. Dishonesty can backfire and leave you with scars if you choose to omit important information when speaking with a skin care professional.
Here are 10 skin fibs you need to stop telling your doctor and yourself:
- I’ve already told you about all the products I’ve been using on my skin.
- I’m using every product prescribed to me by you.
- I’m not taking any other medications.
- I haven’t touched that pimple/ingrown hair at all.
- I don’t smoke at all.
- I don’t have moles on my skin.
- I don’t ever get cold sores.
- I have never had any injectable treatments.
- I always use sun protection.
- I haven’t been outside in the sun.
You may not know that you are omitting something important, so it’s always good just to tell your doctor everything involving your skin.
Read more about “10 Skin Lies You Need To Stop Telling” on Refinery29.