When it comes to bra shopping, it can be difficult to know exactly what size you need to feel comfortable and supported. You may not be the same size with every brand, so it’s important to try on different styles and sizes to ensure you know the types of bras you like and what size is best for you. This is especially true if you’ve undergone a breast augmentation or breast reduction procedure, because the difference in your size and shape will change the way that your bras fit. For the best fit, visit a store that offers bra fittings by a trained professional.
Here are six questions you should ask in a bra fitting:
- What size am I? Your band should feel snug enough to support you, yet comfortable and not too tight. An experienced bra fitter will be able to help you find that comfortable, supportive fit.
- Which brands do you stock? Visit a lingerie shop that stocks a wide range of bras to allow you to try on different brands, shapes, and sizes. Your bra fitter can help you by picking out the labels that will work well for your frame.
- What cut would you recommend? Ask your bra fitter, who spends all day with a myriad of shapes and sizes of the female form, because she may have suggestions for a more comfortable fit for you.
- What is the best bra for ...? Know what you’re looking for before you go into a fitting session and discuss it with your bra fitter to get advice. A bra for everyday wear will fit differently that a bra that gives you the right support for working out.
- What bra would go with this? Bring the item of apparel you’re looking to pair your bra with to the fitting so there is no question about whether it will work well. If you’re looking for a multi-purpose bra, wear a close-fitting t-shirt to help highlight any fit issues you may experience.
- How do I stop this from happening? If you’ve had any previous bra problems, such as straps that fall off your shoulders or cups that gape in the front, now is the time to bring them up and ask your bra fitter for advice. She may suggest a new cut or different amount of padding to help prevent the problem from happening again.
Learn more about what to ask at a bra fitting from Daily Life.
Are you interested in having one or more cosmetic treatments to improve your confidence and physical appearance? Request a consultation with Monarch Plastic Surgery, or call us today at (913) 663-3838 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about your options for cosmetic surgery.