Now that winter is finally behind us, it’s time to focus on reviving your skin after being exposed to harsh, cold temperatures. While we may welcome warmer weather, we need to help our skin transition properly to the spring season by keeping it healthy and hydrated.
Here are five tips that can help refresh your skin for spring:
- Take more baths -- Get your skin ultra-moisturized using essential oils, bath salts, and bubbles, and allow your skin to soak it all up.
- Choose a lighter moisturizer -- Winter is harsh on the skin, and typically requires heavier moisturization than in the springtime, when the air begins to contain more moisture.
- Tint your skin -- Go for a moisturizer with tint and SPF protection rolled up into one. Also, look for products that say non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic to keep your pores clean.
- Lighten up on the exfoliation -- Exfoliation is good all year round, but after scrubbing away during winter, you can lighten up and only do it one to two times per week in the spring.
- Use SPF everything -- Always remember to use products with SPF protection so your skin remains moisturized and undamaged by the harsh rays of sunshine.
Read more about seasonal skin care changes at Elle.com.
Are you interested in skin rejuvenation treatments that can help restore a youthful glow to your skin? Request a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center, or call us today at (913) 663-3838 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about how to achieve beautiful skin.