Warmer weather means showing more skin, and it can be difficult to feel comfortable when your chest and back aren’t properly cared for. While you may be diligent about washing and applying moisturizer to their face, you may not think about scrubbing your chest and back.
Try these tips to get your chest and back ready for summer:
- Exfoliate often -- use peels to encourage the removal of sun-damaged cells once a week and use a facial scrub twice a week.
- Get a professional treatment -- ask your skincare esthetician or cosmetic doctor about laser treatments and chemical peels that can help remove redness and brown spots.
- Cover up with SPF -- it’s important to wear sunscreen every day and apply it to your chest to keep it healthy. Try a slightly tinted mineral powder with SPF to help your skin appear even-toned.
- Hydrate with anti-aging ingredients -- your chest suffers from a lot of wear and tear, so use products with skin-plumping, antioxidant-boosting ingredients.
- Use antibacterial cleanser -- use a powerful antibacterial cleanser to deep clean your skin and reduce back breakouts through the removal of oils.
- Exfoliate twice a week -- try an exfoliating body cloth with gentle shower gel to discourage breakouts by cleaning clogged pores and removing dried skin cells.
- Avoid hair conditioner containing panthenol -- panthenol can increase the likelihood of breakouts and acne along your hairline and back, so try to avoid it as much as possible.
- Apply an acne spot treatment when necessary -- after showering, using an anti-cyst treatment can work to penetrate deep within the skin to dissolve and digest the infection.
Learn more about caring for the skin on your chest and back from Refinery29.com.
Are you interested in improving the appearance of your skin? Request a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center, or call us today at (913) 663-3838 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about how to achieve beautiful skin.