As we age, physical signs of our years begin to surface. Wrinkles and fine lines appear around our mouth, nose, and eyes, typically when we hit our mid-to-late 30s. Crow’s feet can be a real bother as the collagen production decreases. Instead of worrying over those lines, take the steps needed to cover up and treat crow’s feet.
When crow’s feet begin to appear, they may be light and not too attention-grabbing. In fact, you can often cover up those pesky lines with a few products.
- Prescription retinoid — Boost collagen production with a retinoid prescribed by your physician. A retinoid can help reduce the appearance of fine lines by 50 to 75 percent.
- Serum containing peptides or retinol — Use this to stimulate collagen growth. If your skin is sensitive to retinol, use a serum with peptides to smooth out the lines.
- Eye cream — Moisturize your skin with a non-oily eye cream to help reduce the appearance of crow’s feet.
- Primer containing silica or silicone — Fill in crow’s feet lines with a primer to smooth out your skin.
- Under-eye concealer — Brighten the area under your eyes to draw attention away from your crow’s feet. Skip the concealer around the outer corners of your eyes to prevent it from settling into the lines.
Facial rejuvenation options
If you want to use more advanced treatment options to get rid of crow’s feet, you should speak with an experienced skin-care physician who understands your objectives. Your doctor will guide you through the available treatment options and advise you on what he or she recommends.
- Botox — Paralyze the muscle around the side of your eye to prevent it from creating more lines and smooth your skin with Botox®.
- Dermal fillers — Fill in the fine lines and wrinkles with fillers like Juvederm® or Radiesse® to smooth away your crow’s feet.
- Laser skin resurfacing — Remove the layers of crow’s feet in your skin with laser skin resurfacing.
- Chemical peels — Get rid of wrinkles and damaged outer layers of your facial skin with a chemical peel.
Are you interested in reducing fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes? Request a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center, or call us today at (913) 317-9386 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about how to achieve beautiful skin.