In the quest to have youthful, glowing skin, many of us spend a lot of time pampering our faces. After all, your face is the most noticeable part of you, and an important part of making a good impression on others. But perhaps just as important (and visible) as your face is something that often gets forgotten: your neck. Read on to learn more about maintaining a youthful-looking neck, and consider a complimentary consultation with Monarch Plastic Surgery to address your concerns.
The neck is just as prone to aging as any other skin, and perhaps more so because it doesn’t get the attention and protection that we often apply to our faces. In addition, your neck doesn’t have the oil glands found on your face, making it drier and more prone to the effects of aging. Over time, it can get sun damage, discoloration, wrinkles, and the dreaded “turkey wattle” — and while the face may look youthful, the neck tells a different story.
Don’t let this happen to you. There are many things you can do to ensure that your neck isn’t hindering the hard work you’ve put into looking your best. Here are some great ways to keep your neck looking as great as your face:
- Effective skin care products. Skin care products that work well on your face may also be appropriate for your neck, such as our retexturing balm Rejuve’neck. Make sure they have proven anti-aging ingredients, and gently smooth them on in an upward motion to help combat gravity (never pull down on your skin). Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily in the same manner.
- Kybella injections. The only FDA-approved nonsurgical treatment for submental fullness, also known as a “double chin.” Your Kybella treatment regimen will be designed specifically for you and your desired results.
- SmartlipoTM. Many people struggle with excess fat in the neck area, particularly after losing weight or with aging. SmartLipo can remove this excess fat for a sleeker appearance.
- Monarch Mini Facelift. This minimally invasive procedure can tighten excess skin with minimal downtime. Liposuction may also be included if appropriate.
- Microdermabrasion. This can rejuvenate the skin on your neck and many other areas, offering a smoother, more glowing look and feel. It can also minimize discoloration and superficial scarring.
- Chemical peels. These can even out skin texture, and soften fine lines and wrinkles. The specific chemical and formula will be customized for you.
- Photorejuvenation. This therapy can minimize age spots, sun damage, broken capillaries, and many other issues. There is zero downtime and results are long-lasting.
You work hard to look your best; don’t let your neck stand in your way! All of these options are suitable for the neck as well as the face, and some can work on the chest or other areas as well. With so many choices, it’s best to talk with a skin care professional who is licensed to perform these procedures. He or she can recommend the best solution for you based on your needs.
Request a consultation with Monarch Plastic Surgery, or call us today at (913) 663-3838 for our Lansing, Leawood, and Lee’s Summit offices, or (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about your options for making your appearance more youthful.