Mirrors can be harsh on our self-image. You may feel 25 when you’re really pushing those higher digits, and inside you think you look the same as you did back then. But, sadly the mirror never lies. Fine lines and wrinkles begin to show our years as we become mature women, and if you’re not ready to consider facial rejuvenation treatments, what else is there? You may be surprised to learn a number of nonsurgical procedures are available to you to address the signs of aging.
Consider these nonsurgical skin care procedures:
- Daily skin care regimen: You should be practicing skin protection, cleansing, and moisturizing before you see the first signs of aging. Develop a daily skin care regimen early.
- Skin analysis: Visit with an expert skin care aesthetician to receive an evaluation on your skin quality, texture, tone, and color, and advice on products you should use in your daily regimen. Check in with your doctor every four to six months to be sure your skin is responding properly to treatments or learn if anything should be adjusted.
- Seasonal skin care: Changes in the weather affect our skin, so you should respond accordingly with changes in your daily routine. Talk with your aesthetician about what products are best in the summer heat versus the winter cold.
Skin rejuvenation treatments
- Chemical peel: Improve and smooth the texture of your facial skin with a chemical peel that removes any damaged outer skin cell layers.
- LED therapy: Consider blue light photodynamic therapy if you suffer from mild to moderate acne. The blue light works to kill off acne bacteria in your skin in a non-invasive and pain-free treatment.
- Medical facial: Receive clinical benefits from a medical facial that includes steam, ultrasonic deep pore cleansing, microdermabrasion, a treatment mask, and LED light therapy. It will leave your skin looking radiant and allow your makeup to go on smoother and your products to penetrate deeper.
- Microdermabrasion: Refinish and improve the look of your facial skin with a microdermabrasion treatment that uses a diamond grade tip with suction to remove dead skin cells.
- Photorejuvenation: Treat a wide range of concerns safely and effectively with an IPL/BBL treatment that is non-invasive and has no down time. A few skin concerns you can treat with photorejuvenation include broken capillaries, age spots, sun damage, birthmarks, small veins, rosacea, and sun-induced freckles.
- Profractional treatment: Improve acne scars, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and overall skin texture with profractional treatment. Your skin will heal quickly with minimum recovery time.
For more information about nonsurgical skin care options, visit SmartBeautyGuide.com.
If you’re not ready for surgical skin care procedures, know that there are numerous options for treating the signs of aging. Meet with an experienced skin care aesthetician to talk about your treatment options and receive advice on products you can add to your daily skin care regimen.
Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center offers expert advice on skin care products and treatments for aging skin. Request a consultation or call us today at (913) 317-9386 for our Leawood office or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location.