The act of removing unwanted body and facial hair using wax treatments can be time consuming, costly, and painful — regardless of whether you do it on your own at home, or at a beauty salon. Plus, many waxing treatments are inefficient, and fall short of producing long-term results.
What if there were a better hair reduction solution that was less costly, less time consuming, and less painful? Fortunately, laser hair reduction can help you reduce unwanted hair permanently with just a few treatments.
Curious about laser hair reduction? Schedule a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center today.
Here’s a close look at the benefits of laser hair reduction over waxing.
Problems associated with waxing
- Waxing isn’t permanent. Waxing usually produces results that last for only three to six weeks, depending on your hair growth rate. Growth is often minimal for the first one to two weeks, and becomes more noticeable starting with week three.
- Waxing can be painful. While it may only take a second to pull out hair using wax, the act itself is still painful, and makes most people cringe. Plus, sometimes you might have to redo certain areas when waxing fails to pull out all the hair.
- Waxing can be costly. Waxing often ranges between eight dollars to a few hundred dollars, depending on the area being treated. For instance, brows and upper lips can cost $8 and up, while legs can cost $200 or more, depending on the salon.
- Waxing causes irritation. Waxing often produces redness and irritation in the hours following treatment, even on those who don’t have sensitive skin.
Benefits of laser hair reduction
- Laser hair reduction offers more permanent results. After just a few laser treatments, hair growth can be greatly reduced, or in some cases, eliminated completely. You can worry less about having to remove hair as frequently as you did before with waxing.
- Laser hair reduction offers less discomfort. Monarch Plastic Surgery uses the Coherent LightSheer laser, which has a cooling tip that is placed directly against the skin to decrease patient discomfort. Plus, sensitive areas can be treated with anesthesia to reduce or prevent pain. You’ll never have to cringe or tense up during treatment like you did with waxing.
- Laser hair reduction is more cost-effective. The overall cost of laser hair reduction is far less than what you’ll end up spending on wax treatments and products over the course of your life.
- Laser hair reduction produces less irritation. This treatment results in mild redness and swelling, but these side effects are only temporary. You can return to your normal daily activities immediately following treatment.
If you’re considering laser hair reduction, but have additional questions about the details and cost of treatment, schedule a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center. Our team of professional aestheticians will speak with you about your options for achieving smoother, younger-looking skin.