Summer is finally here and you don’t want to miss out on all the latest trends. It’s been a big year with bold colors showing up on the runway and beauty products are no exception. Throw out those old colors and embrace the summer 2015 hues of beauty.
Here’s a list of the favorite hues for summer as deemed by makeup artists Benjamin Puckey and Gina Brooke, and nail expert Miss Pop:
- Sparkling blues (nails) — “mermaid shades” as Miss Pop calls them are metallics that are iridescent with colors from the ocean.
- Orangish reds (lips) — Puckey suggests going for the almost-perfect red color for lipstick, choosing one with a hint of orange for the bold, optimistic look.
- Mint greens (nails) — Miss Pop says these shades lean more to green than the Tiffany blue of old.
- Purple-pinks (eyes) — layering pinks with a little lavender will help you capture that fresh, gorgeous eye look according to Puckey.
- Sandy nudes (nails) — going for the more natural nude look is coming to play this summer and Miss Pop points out that chips won’t be as easily noticed.
- Pastel magentas (lips) — amp-up your rose shades from spring with a brighter magenta to give you a good wash of color with attitude says Brooke.
- Vivid violets (nails) — Miss Pop says baby pink nails need a time-out and purple is ready to party!
- Just-bitten oranges (lips) — Brooke suggests a high-gloss orange for everyday wear with great pigment.
- Highlighter chartreuses (nails) — if you really want to stand out, try going for the highlighter look that’s back and brighter than ever says Miss Pop.
- Milky pinks (cheeks) — Puckey believes toning down the brightness on your cheeks works well this summer to give you a dewy flush.
- Fluorescent corals (nails) — Miss Pop suggests the perfect coral that’s bright, bold, and hot for those of you who don’t stray from the pink family with your nails.
Find the favorite products by each artist on Refinery29.com.
Are you interested in improving the appearance of your skin? Request a consultation with Monarch Skin Rejuvenation Center, or call us today at (913) 317-9386 for our Leawood and Lansing offices, or at (816) 436-3262 for our North Kansas City location to learn more about how to achieve beautiful skin.